Many variables are involved in trading cryptocurrencies, which is why the experience can be challenging. The crypto markets also operate 24/7/365, preventing even the most dedicated traders from participating 100% of the time. Unless they automate their trading through a crypto trading bot strategy.
Crypto trading bot strategies involve using algorithmic robots to automate trades, ideally making consistent and profitable trading more feasible. So, the big questions are what crypto trading bots are, their functions, and who can use them. Let’s find out. In this review, we will look at some of the best crypto trading bots, their features, pricing, and more.
What are Crypto Trading Bots?
Crypto trading bots are automated computer programs allowing users to buy and sell crypto. The main idea of a trading bot is to reduce losses, reduce risk, and increase revenue and trading frequency. Trading bots also allow you to easily manage all your crypto exchange accounts on one platform. There is an endless list of trading bots, but most of their working principles are similar.
A crypto bot is coded with certain parameters by a developer, but also a user can usually import, tweak, and set the specific trading strategy that the bot follows. Depending on the type of bot, you can also use them for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more.
The Best Crypto Trading Bots
Identifying the right trading bot for you is the first step to making the most out of automated trading. Now, let’s look at some of the best crypto trading bots in the market.
1. 3Commas (Best Advanced Crypto Trading Bot)
3Commas Key Features
- Super simple and hyper-advanced trading bot strategies
- Offers Single, & Multi-pair bots.
- Offers 24 hours trading.
- Extremely active community and support group
- You’re able to copy the setting of other bots.
- Multi-exchange: All of your crypto accounts are in one portfolio.
- Provide trade notifications through browsers, mobile apps, and emails.
3commas enables you to earn profit with less effort and build a strategy based on more than 20 trading indicators. It offers single and multi-pair bots, allowing you to copy someone else’s strategy.
3commas supports 18 exchanges, such as Binance, Coinbase Pro, Cex.io, Huobi Global, KuCoin, etc. The types of bots in 3Commas are DCA Bots, Grid Bot, Smart Trade, Options Bots, TradingView, and Crypto-Signals. We even have an article on how to automate “buying the dip” with 3Commas.
Before paying for its premium package, you can use its 3-day free trial to access all its cool features and decide if it’s the best for you.
- Free: 0
- Light: $30
- Advanced: $49
- Pro: $99
Read our full 3commas review
Easiest To Get Started
Kucoin Trading Bot
It’s quick and easy to get started with the Kucoin exchange’s free trading bots. The exchange is available in nearly all countries and is a great place to learn the basics of crypto bot trading.
2. Kucoin Best Free & Easy Trading Bot
KuCoin trading bot is the native trading bot of the popular Kucoin crypto exchange. The crypto exchange introduced the bot in 2021, and since then, it has consistently released new features that offer remarkable services to its users.
Kucoin is a great place to get started with bot trading. We started our journey by testing out the Kucoin trading bot results with just a small amount of money to get a feel and understanding for bot trading.
Currently, it offers DCA, Classic Grid, Infinity Grid, Futures Grid, Margin Grid, and Dynamic Rebalancing bots. It is easy to get started with Kucoin Trading bots.
Kucoin Key Features
- Easy to get started with simple strategies
- “Free” you’re just paying normal exchange fees
- Smart & Copy Trading features
- Bot presets, signals & marketplace.
- 24/7 customer support
The bot is free to use. However, users will pay trading fees, such as the maker and a taker fee starting around 0.1%.
3. CryptoHopper (Best Trading Bot for Paper Trading & Backtesting)
CryptoHopper prides itself as one of the leading trading bot software in the market. It offers many features for beginners and experts, including backtesting and paper trading.
CryptoHopper also has a strategy designing tool that allows you to customize your trading strategy with the help of more than 130 indicators. The types of bots in CryptoHopper are AI, Arbitrage, Mirror Trading, and Market-Maker.
CryptoHopper Key Features
- CryptoHopper is cloud-based.
- Enables you to create your own technical analysis.
- Has a robust tutorial section for beginners.
- Supports up to 12 exchanges
- An advanced strategy designer with 30+ Indicators and 90+ Candle Patterns.
- It offers a user-friendly interface.
- Pioneer plan: Free
- Explorer plan: $19 (7-day free trial)
- Hero plan: $99
4. Pionex Best Free Bot on Exchange
Pionex is an early exchange that gives traders access to 16 trading bots for free. It allows you to automate your with both simple and complex strategies. Pionex is one of the largest market makers for Huobi and Binance.
Similar to the Kucoin trading bots, this exchange trading bot is also free (minus trading fees). While we prefer the Kucoin exchange more and their bots are easier to use, Pionex offers more advanced automated strategies than Kucoin.
- Pionex grants access to 16 free trading bots for retail investors.
- 340+ coins/tokens are available with only 0.05% trading fees.
- Mobile app for Android and iOS.
You can set up an account on Pionex and enjoy all 16 trading bots for free. However, it has trading fees (0.05% for maker and taker).
Hodl Bot (Best for Automated Portfolio Balancing)
Hodl Bot is a customizable cryptocurrency trading bot that helps you manage your trade via an easy-to-use dashboard. It allows you to easily create a portfolio according to your needs for over 350 cryptocurrencies.
The bot can then show you your portfolio and automatically balance it according to your coin weight preferences and more.
Hodl Bot Key Features
- Allows you to create customized portfolios with advanced market metrics
- User-friendly interface.
- Creates custom portfolios.
- It automatically rebalances cryptocurrency portfolios.
Hodl Bot Pricing
HodlBot’s pricing is based on your portfolio size to make it affordable for smaller account sizes.
- Account under $500: $3/month
- Account value $500 – $100: $6/month
- Account value over $1500: $14/month
Crypto Trading Bots Honorable Mentions
While these trading bots aren’t our top picks, they have exciting features that make them stand out from the crowd:
HaasOnline is one of the first crypto trading bots in the market. It allows you to manage automated trading on more than 37 exchanges. You can create bot strategies with a tap of a mouse. The crypto trading bot has pre-built trading bots for strategies such as market-making, arbitrage, and other tools.
HaasOnline Key Features
- Provision of real-time performance reports.
- Includes HaasScript, a scripting language created by HaasOnline for trade bots.
- Allows users to copy practically any trading strategy with bot automation.
There are three packages for a one-time payment.
- 0.011 BTC for Beginner
- 0.02 BTC for Simple
- 0.033 BTC for Advanced
Shrimpy is a social crypto trading platform and one of the most expensive trading bots. It has automated trading strategies that reduce risk and help improve your trading performance.
Shrimpy gives you control over your financial future and increases your returns through in-depth historical analysis, customizable automation strategies, comprehensive social trading, and much more.
Shrimp Key Features
- View the live market price.
- Allows you to separate accounts into multiple virtual portfolios.
- Manage all your exchange accounts in a single place.
- Supported by 18+ crypto exchanges.
- Starter: $19
- Professional: $79
- Enterprise: $299
TradeSanta‘s users love this tool for many reasons, including its risk management features. With its intuitive design, this platform enables you to easily select the strategy that fits your trading style and enter trading positions.
Whether an expert or beginner, you can take advantage of its copy trading feature and take a cue from other profitable traders.
Trade Santa Key Features
- Simple and intuitive design
- Spot and Futures Trading.
- Allows copy trading.
- It provides 24/7 support.
- Offers different preset templates.
- Track the bot in real-time.
Trade Santa Pricing
- Free: $0
- Basic: $25
- Advanced: $45
- Maximum: $70
Best Crypto Trading Bots Conclusion
Crypto trading bots are an excellent way to trade 24/7 and automate away emotions, so that you’re always making strategic trades.
Hopefully, this article gave you insight into the best crypto trading bots and ways in which you can start testing out automated trading strategies across various crypto exchanges.
Thanks for reading.